Project/Program: Mālama Venture Studio, Mālama Design Studio
The Mālama division of the Purple Maiʻa Foundation focuses on innovation, design, and entrepreneurship. The programs the Program Coordinator will support include
- Mālama Venture Studio: partners with Native Hawaiian and values-driven entrepreneurs to build and launch lāhui-serving companies like Exchange Ave., and Ka Mahina Project
- Mālama Design Studio: a spinoff project incubated and launched out of Mālama Venture Studio that provides design and technology consulting services and creates opportunities for kānaka maoli designers.
The Creative Developer is a new position that will be integral to the long term success and resiliency Mālama flagship program, Mālama Venture Studio. As a Creative Developer, you will be responsible for supporting our Product team in all aspects of the development, testing and implementation of various products and companies.
The Creative Developer position is a great professional development opportunity. You will be encouraged and enabled to grow your network in the startup and business communities and given opportunities to build and develop new skills and competencies such as no-code and low-code product development and design thinking.
The Purple Maiʻa Foundation is rooted in our Native Hawaiian culture, so there will also be several opportunities to deepen your connection to place.
- Working with Product Designers to determine stakeholder goals and defining the product functions necessary to achieve them
- Creating flow charts, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate key product interactions
- Determining product architecture with lean and/or minimum viable product mindset
- Troubleshooting product issues
- Working closely with Product Designers to improve product’s functionality
- Developing innovative solutions
- Attending design and development meetings
- Participating in product reviews and quality assurance activities
- Continually improving development skills
Requirements and Skills
- Self-starting, self-regulating, self-learning; ability to learn new tools and ideas quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver quality work products in a short time
- Dynamic. Capable of responding thoughtfully and efficiently to appropriate feedback loops.
- Constantly hold a growth mindset and learn skills and industry best practices to bring fresh perspectives and competencies to the organization
- Knowledge of a basic programming language preferred
- Experience with low code or no code tools like Glide, Bubble, or Webflow preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Product Design, or related field
Purple Maiʻa Foundation is a remote friendly employer, but we can accommodate in-office work as well. We are based out of Hālau ʻĪnana, a 5,000 sq. ft. space optimized for collaboration, and educational events in Mōʻiliʻili, Oʻahu.
Staff are expected to attend cultural and ʻāina restoration workdays and team building events on roughly a quarterly basis.
For employees who do not live on Oʻahu, some travel is expected.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Individual and family medical and dental insurance options available